Let me begin today's post by sharing with you a Proverb "He who fails to plan, plan to fail". Planning is indeed an important element in events management, without proper planning we will not execute or organize an event successfully. Over the weekend, me and my friends decided to organize a birthday party to a friend in an Italian restaurant. It was pretty last minute, we got to know the event on Tuesday and we started preparing the props and party accessories on Friday night, and the birthday party was on Saturday night. Being over confident in event management, I left out the most important element in events management which is PLANNING. I was too confident and with my "tidak apa" (Couldn't care less) attitude, I did not go over to the restaurant to check out the venue and plan out something that will surprise the birthday boy and birthday girl. As usual, on Friday night after work I went over to the a birthday shop to purchase confetti balloons and other party poppers for the party. When I reached the cafe, I notice the tables were not located at a strategic location. It was hidden in a corner not cozy enough for a party. Next was the flow of programs, I did not really plan out how to surprise the birthday boy and girl. Both of them arrive at a different time and I forgot to communicate with the drivers coming over on what time they should come in. Couldn't thing of any idea, i simple went over to the front door of the cafe and ask the rest of my friends to wait there. It was an Awkward moment when they arrive, everybody dunno what to do. To cut the story short, it was awkward and it did not turn out well.
What i have learn from this experience?
Planning. It all begins with Planning. Planning the birthday party - the different important elements in the birthday party, the budget for the party, the venue, the timing, the idea to surprise the birthday boys and girls. Planning a birthday party begins with research. To think of which venue is suitable for birthday parties, the budget for the birthday party, the things to do in a birthday party, all involved serious research. Like the proverb says "He who fails to plan, plan to fail." indeed from this experience, i have learnt the importance of well proper planning. Don't ever forget about Research.
I hope we can all learn something today. Word of the Day is "PLANNING"
So begin your day now by planning, make it a habit to plan before working.
Thank you for dropping by to read.
Down to earth
Perk Idea
p/s - Need help in event coordination or event management? Connect with us HERE
We are on Twitter too. Follow Us HERE
What i have learn from this experience?
Planning. It all begins with Planning. Planning the birthday party - the different important elements in the birthday party, the budget for the party, the venue, the timing, the idea to surprise the birthday boys and girls. Planning a birthday party begins with research. To think of which venue is suitable for birthday parties, the budget for the birthday party, the things to do in a birthday party, all involved serious research. Like the proverb says "He who fails to plan, plan to fail." indeed from this experience, i have learnt the importance of well proper planning. Don't ever forget about Research.
I hope we can all learn something today. Word of the Day is "PLANNING"
So begin your day now by planning, make it a habit to plan before working.
Thank you for dropping by to read.
Down to earth
Perk Idea
p/s - Need help in event coordination or event management? Connect with us HERE
We are on Twitter too. Follow Us HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment